Monday, January 26, 2009

Pain, Joy, Peace


I am so excited to have started a bible study! We are doing the Beth Moore study..."A woman's heart: God's dwelling place." The title drew me in for sure. It is a great mix of woman from our church...grandmas, moms and single women. We went around the table to introduce ourselves a little. As people were sharing I was listening and thinking about what I would say. When it came to me I surprise myself by saying "I have lived in Gig Harbor seven years and had my daughter 6 weeks early..." Really?! That is how I am introducing myself? Reese is a healthy, spunky little toddler now and I still feel the need to tell others she was early? Wow.

We got started in our study that night by reading about the Garden in Genesis...God asking Adam and Eve "Where are you?" No doubt he knows where they are, He is seeking to see if they can express to Him where they at...if they understand why they are hiding from Him.

Where am I? I have gone through the pains of a tiny baby and am now experiencing the joy of a toddler. I am starting to again seek His deep, steady peace to cover over all my fears. I am longing for fellowship/friendship with other women. I am trying to believe with all my heart that the Lord will provide.

Where are you?

No comments: