Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Art Closet


The art closet used to be the toy closet....to keep the toys organized and out of sight.


But that was not working.

The toys were being forgotten = many "I am bored" statements.

The art supplies were out in the open = Reese starting many a project without asking for help when she needed it.

Plus I could see that very soon Maleah was going to be starting "projects" too.

So the toys came out and the crafts went in...


Not totally done yet, but still in working order.

Needing another trofast (from ikea) for the back.
Need to hang a few things to help display the art work...but other than that we are set!

I love this shoe organizer for all the little crafty things.
We even put a stool next to it so Reese can reach most things.
And the things she needs to wait and do with a parent are now too high for her! :)

The paper was always every where before, as Reese searched for the colors she liked.
Now she can get it very easily.
And her bags used to hang on the door knob and were always "escaping".
Now they rest peacefully on this hook...a hook that is removable should they need a new home, or should I change my mind. :)

This side has things we use for school.
Yes Reese is going to preschool but we still have fun doing school together.
My teacher friends and I have just starting putting together folders like this for school time.
Reese loves them, especially the princess one I printed her yesterday.
"Can we play princess school games again?" :)

So organized!! I just love it!

Today is the first day of school for the kids here....can it really be September already?
I may not be going back to teaching this fall, but my classroom is all set up and my students are eager to learn! It is fun to be a teacher still.



2 comments:

The Winger Family said...

It is fun to teach!! Have you ever thought about homeschooling?? I am just starting to be intentional with my teaching with Kylee. I checked out the princess packet...SO cool!!

Sue said...

You were born to be a mommy and a teacher! How blessed your own girls are to have you teach them; maybe when they are older you'll go back to teaching in a school and bless others as well. The closet looks super!