Wednesday, August 31, 2011

On the road again....

Matt and I have been trying/talking/planning/trying to find time each day to get a run in.

But it has been hard....until recently....

My friend Annie, (we ran against each other in college, she is VERY fast, and then we coached together at Life) lives 1 mile from us, but our schedules have not quite matched up...

For the last almost 4 years straight, I have not been getting up for the day on my own, but rather waiting for the baby/toddler to wake up and need to nurse.

Well Maleah has dropped that morning feeding and now gets up between 8 and 8:30!

Okay, that happened in April.....but I was too afraid to run before I nursed her in the morning.
I wanted to be sure I had enough food for her....something that has never been an issue for me, but you always hear stories/have friends who deal with it....so I could be next, if I am not careful!
(Like being careful has anything to do with it.)

I decided to try it....get up at 5:50 to run with Annie at 6, and then Matt could walk the dog and run afterwards....

And it worked! Maleah ate just fine!

And I LOVE starting the day with a run!
AND it feels so good knowing that Matt still gets his morning workout time too.

It also feels so good to "be a runner" again.

It took us almost 4 years to figure out how to workout with kids, but we did it! :)




2 comments:

The Winger Family said...

Way to go momma!! I wish we lived closer...I need an early morning workout pal too!!

Unknown said...

Would love to workout with you! :)