Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thank Heaven for 37!


I am term now!! Wow, so I spent this whole pregnancey feeling like I was a sick person and it turns out I am actually a healthy one! Now we get to play the waiting game. Our bags are packed, frozen meals are made, "plans" of who will be where with Reese and myself are determined....now we just need Maleah! These are our last couple weeks of time just with Reese, as a family of three. Makes me kinda sad to give up this time. Reese asked us last night "Do we get to keep Maleah?" Ummmm...how was that not understood before? "Yes! We get to keep her!" "Oh good! I will share her with you guys because she is MY little sister!" So protective already!

2 comments:

The Heitritter Family said...

That is so cute! Bayer didn't seem to understand at all that a baby was coming to stay for good, but within a week he didn't seem to remember life without Oliver. I remember when my doctor told me I was going to be induced the next day with Oliver. I went home and (blame pregnancy hormones) cried and cried. I thought things like "tomorrow is the last day eating breakfast just with Bayer" or "tonight is the last night we read a story to him just the three of us." I hardly slept because I was so darn sad and then feeling bad that I was feeling sad that Ollie was coming. And then the next day came and Oliver came and I quickly found out that everything was better. Sometimes I still miss my one-on-one time but I can hardly believe we were ever a family of 3 and not a family of 4. I am just rambling trying to tell you that if you have ANY of these feelings that it is completely normal! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute girl!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouraging words Charlyn! Wish we lived closer so my girls could know your sweet boys! ;)