Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's hard to remember.....is that okay?

In Costco the other day I met a baby that was a week old and only 6 lbs. He was so tiny. It made me think back to how small Reese used to be. And I had trouble remembering what she was like as a 4lb baby. So I pulled out the very first diaper she wore to help my memory. But I still had trouble contemplating it and I thought that was sad. Why is that sad? Those first few weeks, even month and a half of her tiny life were really hard. I was always afraid that she would break. Today, at about 20 lbs Reese seems a lot more durable to me. I am grateful that she can do more now and am anxiously looking forward to her doing even more. So I don't think it is sad that I can't remember Reese at that tiny size, rather I think it is amazing how much she has grown in 8 months....the longest and shortest months of my life. :)

No comments: