Friday, June 6, 2008

"Mr. Sun, sun , Mr. Golden Sun...Please shine down on me."

Yep...everyone knows we skipped spring this year in WA and stuck with winter for a while longer. The news tells us summer is on her way, possibly this weekend. But like doubting Thomas, I'll believe it when I see it. Instead of complaining, I am actually enjoying this cooler weather, for a couple of reasons anyway. I can still cook using my oven without worrying about the house getting to hot. The house does stay cool all night without the noise of a fan. I don't have to put sunscreen on Reese, which is quite the event! I can enjoy hot chocolate still and have ice cream...which ends up not being so good for the waist line. Reese can still wear a blanket overherself in the carseat, which helps to entertain her. I sleep better when it's cool and therefore believe that Reese does too. I am glad that the weather is not cold this long every year, but I am enjoying it right now......I must be changing from that socal girl into a nw girl......

3 comments:

Dana said...

I love all your reasons for it staying cool. I love that I am not the only SoCal girl turned NW/Coloradan. More NW than CO. I miss the rain and could live without the snow. Nothing better than shorts with a long sleeve t-shirt. Perfect Washington weather. Wish we were there to hang out together and have the kids meet. Soon!

Unknown said...

You are right...I love the long sleeve and shorts outfits...happen to be sporting that right now! :) I would love our kiddos to play and for you to teach me how to bake....are you all planning a trip anytime soon?

Dana said...

Our next trip to the NW is actually going to be to Portland and then on to Sunriver. Fred just got the paperwork to apply for his WA administration license. One step closer!