Friday, December 18, 2009

My helpful girl and husband


I woke up this morning to a horrible sound so I raced down the stairs to scold Matt to be quite. Reese was still sleeping! He had the fridge pulled out and was on the phone. That top part of the fridge MELTED away and was dripping plastic! Our food was HOT to the touch and it all smelled terrible. We are SO fortunate it did not start a fire over night! Matt jumped right on getting the company to come out as soon as possible. When Reese did wake up, which was an hour or so later, I warned her that there was a mess downstairs and she said "Mommy I help you clean it up! Teamwork mommy!" Tonight Matt cleaned the empty fridge inside, outside and behind. So we now have THE cleanest broken fridge ever! I love how helpful Reese and Matt both are when things come up unexpectedly. I am learning to follow their lead by acting more and reacting less.

1 comment:

The Winger Family said...

acting more and reacting less....totally know what you mean!! What a great way to put it!