Thursday, May 26, 2011

Coupons and weeding....

Kinda of an odd pairing but just hear me out....

I am amazed and somewhat stumped by these people who can get all these things for free with coupons! We were watching the show "Extreme Couponing" and so confused as to how it all works. First, isn't there a limit to how many coupons you can use? My coupons say things like "only one coupon is redeemable per purchase"...so how can they use 100's of the same one?

Also, what stores double coupons? I shop at Safeway, Albertsons and sometimes Target but I am unaware if they double coupons.

I get finding a store sale, a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon and teaming those up to get great savings...and that is my goal with this process.

I really enjoyed this blog about couponing, although I doubt I will buy coupons from ebay, but I guess you never know. I mostly like the idea of stock piling for the lean times. This sure speaks to my heart as we are in the real estate business....we do have some lean times! I would love to stock pile things we use all the time for those months when sales are slow.

But this takes time....and is like weeding my yard. Some days I feel like I am really getting somewhere with the whole process, printing lots of coupons and matching sales, but other days I feel like I am a dog chasing my own tail! So it is with the weeds....somedays the yard looks better, but a few days later and I can't tell we did any work out there!

A slow process for sure, but if we can do it, one that is sure to be rewarding!



Sometimes Reese helps me weed by saying "Wow mommy! That is a big pile!" Followed quickly by... "Are you going to get those ones too?"



Maleah helps by taking good long naps and then by playing happily on her blanket in the shade...she is a great baby!

3 comments:

Tana said...

Ok, I'm still new at this by here's what I know. We've only done this method for a couple weeks now and it seems to work for us. Go buy a couple Sunday newspapers (we got 2 News Tribunes and 2 Kitsap Suns) and look at the store sale ad. Then we clip the coupons from the inserts. I also go online to coupons.com and print coupons there. The trick is to find a rock bottom sale and then add coupons on top of that. A couple weeks ago we got bags of goldfish for $0.70/ea I think. Albertsons has doubler coupons in the sunday inserts where they will double a coupon up to $1.00 and you can use as many of those as you have of regular coupons.

Hope this helps! I'm all for stocking up on the things we use. :)

Jill said...

I am so out on the whole thing...I felt guilty at first. For me, it takes time away from things I find more important. But I get why people are into it...

Unknown said...

Thanks Tana! Good things to try!