Thursday, April 28, 2011

Avocado

My sister Kacy encouraged me to give Maleah avocado as one of her first foods. I love to eat it, so I decided to try it. At first I would just mash it with a spoon and add some water....would have added my milk, but who has time to pump....oh right, the lady who blogs everyday! ;) Anyways that was still too lumpy. Tried putting it in a bag and having Reese mash it for me, but the sight of it made her gag. So we got out the blender that Kacy got us, added a little water and it came out great without much work!



Maleah does seem to enjoy it....well she does not spit it out so I guess that means she enjoys it. And I can get 3ish meals for her (and for me) out of one avocado! Kacy tipped me off that I needed to keep the side with the seed in to keep it fresher and store it in a bag as tight as possible. Works pretty well!



And that seed/pit is pretty cool! Reese would touch that part (after I washed it) and wanted us to plant it....well then she thought about it and decided I could plant it if I wanted to eat avocado but she wasn't going to eat any! Funny kid!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ooh, thanks for the good idea! I'll have to try this :)