Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Best Book...besides the bible that is....

I am reading through a mom devotional call "Diapers, Pacifiers and Other Holy Things" by Lorraine Pinuts. I LOVE it! Each chapter is a couple pages with a good mom story that is then related to the mom's relationship with Christ. It ends with a verse to memorize and some questions with other verses to look up. It brings me to tears each day I read it! Some how the stories are speaking to just what I am struggling with. If you need a good devo this could be a good choice for you!

Every so often I want to share what I am learning through it, to encourage you and to remind me of what God is teaching me!

Using a story about peek a boo it is pointed out that we have a God who sees, not only sees but opens our eyes, with the purpose of meeting our deepest needs. I struggle with eating...I like to reward myself with treats when the girls are sleeping...some how I earned it. But God gave me this body and wants me to fill it with things that are good....food included. So no sense in hiding what I eat. God already sees it all and is ready for me to give it up and to help me to do so!

No comments: