Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Over the years (I am old, 32!!) I have come to look forward to Good Friday as well as Easter Sunday. God seems to take this time to reveal to me something I am holding onto, not trusting Him with. Then at the Good Friday service He gently brings me to my knees and helps me let go. No doubt this process is painful, but pain is not a bad thing.

Thinking about labor pains....the more I tensed up and tried to fight the pain, the worse it was for me. But, towards the end, with some epidural help, when I was able to work with my body through the pain, that felt great! Not that pain feels great, but working through pain feels great.

And the best part of all...that new life!! I know I will never forget meeting that new life for the first time, the amazing, complete joy in that moment. (I am truly grateful to Maleah Ahrens for offering her talents to capture this moment for us! Everyone should be so blessed!)

How grateful I am that God desires me so much He takes the time to clean out my sin, over and over, offering me new life so I can KNOW Him more.

No comments: