Saturday, April 23, 2011

Earth Day art

Decided to do this lesson yesterday and paint the earth. It was good to talk about the earth as a planet, why God created the earth and talk about the different places on earth.



In trying to get the earth picture to print, I ended up printing 5! Instead of wasting them, I decided to have Reese paint one, color with crayons, use dot markers and then oil pastels. I painted the last one.





Found out that this was a good time to go over good, better, best. Reese got a little tired of doing the same thing over and over, so in hind sight I should have read a book to her or something between each one, then I think it would have gone better.

I had her compare her work to the one I painted and Reese was able to pick out which one she did that turned out the best. The dot markers were the easiest for her to use, and I think she had the most fun doing the paint. So a printer mistake ended up for a good lesson! :)

No comments: