Thursday, March 10, 2011

4 months old!



This last month Maleah flew to CA, got her first cold and ear infection, got her 2nd cold and ear infection, is trying to roll from her back to her stomach, has discovered her hands and her feet, smiles alot, starting to giggle a little more, holds her head up so well we were given the go to start solids:



Really we are just practicing using the spoon to see if she is ready. The first time she tried, she did much better than I thought! She was able to move the food around in her mouth.

We have had to break on and off from sleep training due to the colds. She will go down for her nap swaddled and with her binkie. If her binkie falls out she stays asleep. But she wakes up at 30 minutes no matter what! Yesterday she fell asleep on her own in her car seat as we ate lunch at Costco and still at 30 minutes she woke up! The only way she sleeps longer than that is if I hold her....funny Reese was the same way!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I am glad you can keep your sense of humor about it. Have you tried napping in a swing? Maybe she just really likes motion!

Unknown said...

Yes, we tried the swing....still only 30 minutes! And when I hold her, I don't rock her....so she has me stumped! :)

Susan said...

I know someone who put one of her dirty t- shirts by her kids as they napped so that they thought they were smelling her. It sounds crazy but it worked for her! Good luck, short naps are no fun!

Unknown said...

Funny...as I was putting her down for her nap today I had that same thought Susan....Thanks! I think I might try it! :)