Thursday, March 24, 2011

Favorite baby things

These are some of my favorite things for newborns (0-3 months)

1) I love this car seat cover by JJ Cole! It makes it so you can still carry the car seat by the handle, it keeps baby covered but not too hot, and it keeps people from peaking in and waking your sleeping baby! :)

2) This swaddle blanket goes in the car seat! I got it one size bigger than Maleah needed so we would have extra room to pull it across her. But it is so helpful for keeping those flailing arms from waking up the sleeping baby! (Are you seeing a trend?)

3) Okay a funny name, but I have found the wubbanub so helpful! Maleah was able to hold it in much better than just her binkie, and you can swaddle it under the swaddle blanket in the car seat so it stays near the baby and .... you guessed, keeps them asleep!

4) I don't know how I ever lived without a video monitor! This is making sleep training so much easier! I can judge Maleah's wake times much better when I know exactly what time she fell asleep and when she woke up and how long she laid awake in the middle. When she is crying hard, almost putting herself back to sleep, I can look and see, she is not stuck any where, she is not really moving and then I can listen and hear that she is rhythmically crying, finding sleep. Plus I can check on Reese and see when she falls asleep for her nap and also what she is doing when she is suppose to be sleeping at night. Okay these monitors can be a bit addicting, but I find them so helpful for.....watching your baby sleep! :)

Any new, favorite baby things you just couldn't live without? I would love to know!! :)

4 comments:

The Winger Family said...

I just added the car seat cover to my registry :) Thanks for the tips!

Unknown said...

You are welcome!! :)

Sue said...

It's interesting to learn about all the changes since I had babies, over 30 years ago. It's definitely a whole new world!

Janay said...

That car seat cover looks cool. We also love Wubanubs- Tally has Aricin's and needs it to sleep. Let me know if you find any other cool things. Thanks for the tips :)

Oh yeah along with the wubanub and the swaddle me blankets one of my favs is my hooter hider nursing cover.