Friday, March 25, 2011

Babywise

I have found the book "Baby Wise" so helpful in raising Maleah. We were able to be on a three hour schedule with her from day three! (Side note: Funny to think that Reese was on a three hour schedule coming home from the NICU and within 24 hours we were totally off of that, struggling to feed on demand and figuring out what a feed demand looked like.) I love the advice to spend the first 7-10 days just working on getting your baby to take a full feeding each time, and not worry about how to organize/do anything else! This really helped me to relax and enjoy my new baby and trust that everything would fall into place in due time. Maleah figured out her days and night pretty quickly and was sleeping 5-7 hours by week seven. True, I had trouble napping Maleah, but now, it is so much better, in part because we stuck with the eat, play, sleep routine so early on and trainned Maleah what to expect. Now she is "just" having to work on sleeping on her own....and doing really well at that. I have found the baby wise blog so helpful for getting tips on what to do in different situations, but mostly through reading that blog I have learned how to "trouble shoot" my own child in our situation and how to trust my gut and do what I think is best. I am so grateful to these to resources for helping me to parent with confidence, helping me to reduce the chaos and increase the time I get to enjoy my baby!

No comments: